Custom Rx Hair Loss Foam Just For Women
Female hair loss is more complicated than male hair loss1 and women’s quality of life suffers more when they lose their hair compared to men.1 Unfortunately most hair loss treatments are made for men.
That’s why GoodPill Rx is offering a hair loss solution specifically for women using ingredients shown to treat the main causes of female hair loss.
GoodPill Rx’s specialty pharmacists have blended ketoconazole, minoxidil, panthenol and biotin into one easy to-use, affordable foam.
Ingredients in GoodPill Rx Women’s Hair Loss Foam
Ketoconazole works in three ways:
- Improves the growing (anagen) stage of the hair life cycle.
- Treats dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis), which causes excess oil on the scalp and clogs hair follicles preventing hair from making its way to the hair shaft.
- Kills the fungal infection tinea capitis that causes hair to break off at the scalp.
- Ketoconazole may prevent hair loss by inhibiting DHT,2,3 a main cause of hair loss. Ketoconazole is widely used to treat diseases that benefit from its ability to bind to androgen receptors.
Minoxidil, the active ingredient Rogaine, restores hair follicle health by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels.
Doing so allows more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles, enabling them to resume their function of hair growth. Minoxidil also lengthens the anagen hair phase in humans.4
Panthenol converts to Vitamin B5, an essential vitamin for healthy hair and skin. Nourishes hair follicles and moisturizes hair to prevent breakage.
Biotin (Vitamin B7) supports new hair growth and helps maintain its strength and thickness.
What Causes Hair Loss In Women?
The main cause of hair loss in men and women is androgenic alopecia, marked by excess levels of the male hormone DHT but this is where the similarity ends.
Most androgenic alopecia in men is hereditary. Women may inherit androgenic alopecia, also known as Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL), but there are multiple other causes:
- Menopause and stress, which can decrease estrogen levels and create testosterone and DHT dominance.
- Hirsutism, excess testosterone stemming from an endocrine system disorder. Typically causes FPHL and male pattern hair growth on the body.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, causes insufficient ovary function
What Are Non-Hormonal Reasons For Female Hair Loss?
- Telogen effluvium, sudden loss of large amounts of hair. It is a temporary condition more common in women than men that is triggered by a stressful event or sudden physiological change like pregnancy, nutritional deficiency, illness or menopause. Minoxidil can help regrow hair loss due to telogen effluvium.
- Damage to hair follicles caused by scratching itchy, irritated areas on the scalp due to dandruff.
- Clogged hair follicles caused by excess oil and flaky skin related to dandruff.
What Does Female Pattern Hair Loss Look Like?
Women’s hair thins and falls out typically along the part. The part becomes noticeably wider.
When Do Women Begin To Lose Their Hair?
- 12% of women may begin losing their hair by age 291
- 25% by age 491
- 41% by age 691
- More than 50% of women will have some hair loss by age 791
No more hiding beneath hats and scarves. Try GoodPill Rx’s hair loss foam just for women!
1 Dinh QQ, Sinclair R. Female pattern hair loss: current treatment concepts. Clin Interv Aging. 2007;2(2):189-199 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2684510/
2 El-Garf, A., Mohie, M. & Salah, E. Trichogenic effect of topical ketoconazole versus minoxidil 2% in female pattern hair loss: a clinical and trichoscopic evaluation. biomed dermatol 3,8 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s41702-019-0046-y
3 Piérard-Franchimont C, et. al. Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use in Androgenic Alopecia. Dermatology. 1998;196(4):474-477. doi:10.1159/000017954
4 Shorter K, et. Human hair follicles contain two forms of ATP‐ sensitive potassium channels, only one of which is sensitive to minoxidil. The FASEB Journal. 2008;22(6):1725-1736. doi:10.1096/fj.07-099424
This product is custom-made by expert compounding pharmacists.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). GoodPill Rx custom hair loss foam is not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise, nutritional supplement program, using this product, and/or any prescription or OTC product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
There are no reviews yet.