Suppress Herpes Outbreaks And Shorten Contagious Period
Generic Valtrex (Valacyclovir) is used to treat the symptoms of Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV-1) and Herpes Simplex 2 (HSV-2). Valacyclovir is also prescribed to treat the varicella-zoster virus, the virus that causes shingles in adults and chickenpox in children.
There is no cure for herpes but suppressive therapy with valacyclovir can prevent recurrences as much as 80% per year.
What Is The Difference Between HSV-1 And HSV-2?
Herpes simplex is a virus divided into two types. HSV-1 is primarily spread orally. Symptoms are blisters (cold sores) in and around the mouth. HSV-2 mainly causes sores in the genitals and is spread through genital contact. However, HSV-1 can infect the genitals and HSV-2 can infect the mouth.
Valacyclovir is an example of targeted therapy. It attacks the cells responsible for the virus and prevents their chance of multiplying. This reduces the severity of the breakout as well as the number of days the infected individual is contagious.
Live A More Confident And Outbreak-Free
Life Valacyclovir can make living with herpes easier and reduce the stress herpes can put on a romantic relationship.
The herpes virus is most contagious during the initial breakout when the signs of the virus first appear. Symptoms include sores in the mouth and genital area. During the initial breakout, the infected person “sheds” the herpes zoster virus. Valacyclovir has been shown to reduce the number of shedding days, reducing the chance of infection.
HSV-1 And HSV-2 Facts
- By the age of 50, on average, 85% of people in the United States are carriers of either the HSV-1 or the HSV-2 virus.
- 25% of women over the age of 18, and 20% of men in the US carry the HSV-2 (genital herpes) virus.
- There are over 50 million people in the US living with the herpes virus.
- Most people do not know that they are carriers.
- In some cases, the virus can cause no symptoms at all but the infected individual still can spread the virus to others.
To ensure that we provide you with the best price, we may substitute one generic for another.
There are no reviews yet.